THE JOSEPHSENS

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

On a Roll

It's been a big few days for little Anthony! As you can see from the video, he has mastered the new skill of rolling from front to back (OK, he's only done it twice, but when you're two-and-a-half months old, that counts as mastery...)

This morning, I laid him in his crib so I could shower and dress. He started crying as I was putting on my clothes, so in interest of greeting the world fully-clad, I walked to the crib and flipped him over onto his belly, a position that has been known to quell tantrums. Well, the cries did not cease, so I walked over to pick him up -- only to be shocked to be looking into my little boy's eyes rather than at the back of his head!

Of course, I was also a bit upset that I'd missed the action, so I took him downstairs to see if he'd repeat the feat for me and the video camera. He obliged, although he doesn't seem too happy about it, as you can tell from the audio!

In other news, Anthony also enjoyed a visit from his Uncle Justin over the weekend -- the three Josephsen men are pictured below. Anthony can't wait to meet his Aunt Ellen, and especially his cousin Bradley and cousin-to-be-named-later!


Then, on Tuesday, Anthony got his first civics lesson! After a trip to the polls, he wore his "I voted today" sticker with pride. He may seem a tad young to cast a vote, but remember, this IS South Florida!

It was just a county election -- a more-or-less uncontested mayoral election; seats on the increasingly obnoxious Miami-Dade School Board; and some judges, only one of whom mom and Anthony really knew anything about -- but I figured if I want to start imposing my political views on the little fella some day, I'd better at least start showing him the importance of voting!

4 comments:

Amanda, Ben and Harper said...

And loving every minute of the roll, obviously! Kelly, you picked the perfect outfit for him for his video.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Big Guy! Sorry Mommy missed the first roll over. Now you will never be in one place again. Who knows where Mommy will find you next. Because if you can roll from tummy to back it won't be long til you go from back to tummy. Got to hear you cry. That was neat. Now we know you have a big voice, too. You keep practicing those roll overs, now. Love you all. Shirley

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Anthony, you are really rocking and rolling now! We will have so much fun playing together when we visit next week. And you look very thoughtful with your "I voted Today" sticker. I hope Grandpa and I can keep up with you, you are learning something new each day!

Anonymous said...

I loved watching the video of Anthony's big "rollover". Can't wait to see him do all of his new tricks in person!
Thoroughly loved the newest blog!

Grandma Char