One of Anthony's favorite toys is this "wheel of nursery rhymes" from Grandma and Grandpa Lantau. Mom -- or, hopefully one day soon, Anthony -- pushes a button, and the wheel spins to one of five images with corresponding nursery rhymes. Land on the mouse? Hickory, dickory dock. The cat? Hey, diddle diddle. The baby? Patty-cake, Patty-cake. You get the picture.
So does Anthony. He LOVES it. Even if he's in the middle of a crying jag, often he'll stop long enough to hear what the wheel has in store for him.
The other day, he took it to a new level. As he lay on his belly and I controlled the toy, I realized he was doing this little slither/dance of joy every time he heard the music. I kept on pressing, and he kept on dancing. The kid's got some moves!
On another subject, Anthony seems to be weathering his little cold rather well. He has definitely been a bit stuffed up and congested the last few days -- never thought I'd be happy to pull a booger out of someone else's nose -- but he hasn't been running a fever. Also, he really hasn't been fussy, which is great, and whatever he's got has actually made his nighttime sleep habits ever-so-marginally better. But I do still want him to get better, really, I do!
3 comments:
The little guy's got rhythm! Since he didn't get to try out for American Idol, maybe Dancing with the Stars could be in his future. It is so much fun to see him get excited as he hears each little song. Looks like he's feeling pretty good! I will definitely be on the look-out for more noise producing toys! Before long, he'll be pushing those buttons himself!
Anthony definitely loves that musical toy and seems so interested. You are right---he seems to be doing a little dance after each song! What a talented grandson we have!
Give him a hug and kiss from Grandma Char and Grandpa Dave.
Love to all three of you,
Grandma Char
What a go-getter! Looks like he is about ready to take off. Won't be long til he does go after that toy. He is trying to get it already. They make the cutest toys anymore. Glad he is feeling better. Love you all. Shirley
Post a Comment