As I write this, the $12,000 man (we got our hospital bill today) is well on his way to establishing a personal record for "non crying wakeful time," measured as the moments when his eyes are wide open but he's not fussing or crying -- meaning he doesn't need anything, he's just being adorable and checking out the world around him. Which in his case unfortunately means endless coverage of the NBA draft (which includes actual re-broadcasts of old NBA drafts from like 10 years ago, I'm not kidding. Did you know Olden Polynice was the 8th pick in the 1987 draft by the Chicago Bulls? Me and Anthony do!) Brandon somehow finds it interesting. I think he needs to get back to work. Anyway, despite the wretched state of TV in our house, Anthony has been bright eyed and alert for over two hours, which is not only cute, but hopefully bodes well for a good night's sleep. The video on this post captures a brief spell of his evening.
All in all, everything is going well. Anthony visited the pediatrician yesterday and is up to 7 pounds, 13 ounces, which the doc says is healthy. He also grew a half inch in height -- up to a full 20 from his original 19.5.
Brandon and I are doing well, too. I left Anthony for the first time today to get my injured hip checked out, which kind of turned out to be a waste of time. The doctor said just to put ice on it and rest it. Which is fine, and I'm sure it'll get better eventually, but limping and moving at half speed makes it harder to take care of Anthony. In other news, as mentioned earlier, we also got our bill from the hospital for Anthony's delivery. Over $12,000!!! That includes $4,000-plus for the anesthesia alone. While both are worth every penny (Anthony and the epidural) it is amazing that a routine, complication-free delivery that had us in and out of the hospital in under 40 hours could cost so much. Thank goodness for insurance, but what a racket!
3 comments:
What's wrong with re-broadcasts of NBA Drafts?!?! You know what they say, "one man's trash is another man's treasure...."
Glad to see you all doing so well (except for the hip thing)!
Matt
Oh, my gosh, the poor kid has the hiccups. I could almost feel them. Didn't seem to bother him too much, though. I have noticed on all the videos that the background sounds were all ESPN or sports stations. Well, Anthony will get well indoctrinated in sports and sports history. Time enough for Sesame Street or Blues Clues. Sorry the Dr. couldn't help you much with your hip, Kelly. Takes too long to let things run their course. Not to mention miserable. Get better. Hospital bills are scary. Gets worse all the time. Yes, Anthony definitely is worth all of it. Little sweetie. Love you all. Shirley
I'm alarmed that poor Anthony is being subjected to so much sports already!! Aunt Kerry is going to have to do an intervention and get him started on watching Lord of the Rings! Ha ha ;-)
Post a Comment