Thursday, Anthony enjoyed his first dinner out! I know, he's over four months old, and we're just now getting him out to dinner? It's really not that I'm THAT over-protective of Anthony; it's more for the protection of our fellow Miamians -- I don't want to be "those people," ruining everyone else's evening with the melody of a screaming baby. Of course, we all know Miami residents aren't exactly renowned for their politeness, so I don't know what I'm worried about.
Anthony did pretty good, although he did more-or-less insist on being held at the table with the big people, rather than in his car seat. I'm getting good at eating with one hand! We'll consider the night a success, thanks to following several rules of dining out with baby: go to a restaurant that doesn't get much business (prevents a long wait and minimizes the number of people glaring at you when baby freaks out), go to a somewhat loud sports bar (as long as it isn't loud enough to damage baby's hearing, a little ambient noise does wonders to drown out crying), and make the adult-to-baby ratio as high as possible (we enjoyed 4-to-1 odds thanks to grandma and grandpa) unless you want to get REALLY good at eating with one hand.
<---We even took the opportunity to introduce the little guy to solid foods! Just kidding. Wouldn't want to change THAT diaper. Anthony followed his fine-dining experience with a trip to a local pumpkin patch the next day. Considerin
Unfortunately, while Anthony was a good boy at the pumpkin patch, mom had a bit of a mishap. Pumpkins don't exactly thrive in the humid Miami weather, and when I sat on one of the giant gourds to pose with the little fella, I ended up with rotted pumpkin on my butt.
One of the nice ladies who was helping out at the pumpkin patch offered me a baby wipe to help clean myself up, which was somewhat ironic as I had a diaper bag full of baby wipes in the car -- I just never thought it would be me who would be needing them!
Anyway, I think we wore Anthony out, as he threw a little fit on the way home from his outing. Luckily, Grandma has the magic touch, and he granted us a little nap.
Upon waking, he was in a much better mood, and -
Then, as he perked up even further, he did a little more work on his sitting skills.
This time he lasted for a solid two or three minutes before turning into the Leaning Tower of Baby. He's getting stronger all the time, and he really seems to enjoy this new vantage point!
8 comments:
I've been clicking "refresh" on the blog all afternoon, I just knew I would be rewarded with Pumpkin Patch photos eventually! And it paid off. This latest entry is adorable! I love the restaurant tale too. I think that Anthony just wants to be in the thick of things now and not relegated to his carseat. Pretty soon he'll be grabbing at the food! It looks like a wonderful outing to the Pumpkin Patch and that fresh air probably helped to wear him out, plus all the new sights. Looks like he got a good nap in Grandma's arms to refresh him for the rest of the day. Can't wait to see you all!
Oh ,I inadvertently skipped that paragraph about you sitting on the rotten pumpkin, Kelly, with my first read-through, guess I was too excited seeing the photos! I was wondering why the lady was handing you the wipe. Pretty funny! Anthony will get a kick out of it when you tell him about it when he's older.
So Bradley's first restaurant outing was at 2 1/2 weeks but if you had Cunettos down there you would have been out with him before now. Plus we had both sets of grandparents with us, so it was a 6-to-1 ratio. And Cunettos at 5 pm features pretty snappy service...
Oh, he does looked p-oed! What we don't put our babies through sometimes. You do have some neat pictures though. Really pretty ones. Rotten pumpkin butt,huh? Ewww. Good thing you had dark pants on. I'm sure it felt real good,too. Not to mention you probably smelled like rotten pumpkin,besides. One more thing for your fun memories. Sounds like Anthony did well on his first restaurant trip. Good for kids to learn how to act in public. True, some people don't appreciate it. You just have to gauge when it is time for removal. Hopefully it doesn't become necessary. He sure was interested in that big plate of food, wasn't he? I think all Moms usually learn to master the art of eating with a child on her lap, holding them back from the food and eating at the same time. Or you end up with a cold meal every time. You all looked so good in the pictures. All 5 of you. Looks like a Grandma and Grandpa were really enjoying themselves,too. Anthony will be sitting real well in no time. Makes him look so grown up. What a sweetheart. Love you all. Shirley
...fun, fun time playing with Anthony this week, The pumpkin patch was quite the experience!! Miami pumpkin patches do indeed have overly ripe pumpkins just as Kelly said--- plus it was a very humid day. But...it was so much fun sharing in Anthony's first Halloween outing!
Anthony is full of personality! These pictures do not do justice. He smiles and laughs at so many things and is such a good baby.
Thanks for the wonderful week, Brandon, Kelly and Anthony!
Much love to all 3 of you!
Grandma Char and Grandpa Dave
Sooo cute!!
I love the pumpkin pictures - so cute!
Wow, he's getting big. Congrats on surviving the first four months of life, buddy! Savor the moments...time goes by fast. Tessa can't wait to meet you someday!
The Olsons
Post a Comment