THE JOSEPHSENS

Friday, May 15, 2009

Anthony is 11 months old!




Anthony celebrated his 11-month birthday with Grandma and Grandpa Lantau, who are in town to hang out with the little guy for a week. They seem to spend most of the time laughing; Anthony CLEARLY on a mission to make it seem like I'm lying when I whine to my parents about how whiny he is (ahhhh, the circle of life!) Anyway, as you can see above, now that grandma and grandpa are in town, Anthony can barely contain his mirth.

Anyway, it is great to have my parents here, because not only does that mean Anthony gets to spend his days with people who love him/play with him/don't expose him to daycare germs, he's also being taught some of the things your average 11-month-old should be able to do unless said 11-month-old's parents are too lazy/inept/incompetent to show him how to do them.
I'm not going to say which parents I'm referring to, let's just say their names start with a B and end rith a "randon and Kelly."
































As you can see, my mom and dad are currently getting Anthony up to speed on eating finger foods and drinking from a cup. I fully trust them to succeed in the week-and-a-half they're here. I mean, they raised me, and I LOVE feeding myself and almost ALWAYS drink from a cup....







only RARELY from a bottle....













On the other hand, my mom tells me I didn't walk until I was about 15 months old, so I'm not going to hold my breath for Anthony to start toddling around anytime soon.
But I am going to look on the bright side...I'm sure the reason it took me so long to walk (and Anthony, if he too is a "late walker") is not laziness, but the rare and exceptional intelligence of one who realizes that once they can get around on their own, no one's gonna carry them or push them in a comfy stroller anymore.
Anyway, we can hardly believe that in just one month, Anthony will be turning 1! We can't wait to celebrate the big day, no matter which cup (or bottle) we're raising in Anthony's honor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Anthony is enjoying his Baby Mum Mums - I hear that he has six boxes to eat his way through! Yes, I'm sure he's just waiting for the most opportune moment to start walking... or he's secretly plotting a way to harness his car seat to the cat and get around by cat-power - ha ha!

Love, Aunt Kerry
:-)

Shirley said...

Boy, Anthony is happy. Could his smile get any bigger? He surely is having a great time as are his grandparents I am sure. He'll know all kinds of stuff after they get done with him. I always say that the parents hardly have time to teach all that stuff because the time between day care and bed time is too short. Hard to get everything in you need or want to do. Can hardly wait to see him. Well, you 2 too. Love you all. Shirley