Today my mom and dad, who spent the weekend with us, dropped Anthony off at daycare for me, and apparently he threw a FIT when they left. A screaming, crying, red-faced, clinging, please-Grandma-don't-leave-me FIT. Which is just a little hurtful, because when I drop him off, he immediately runs to his teacher so he can have his breakfast and start his day. I know I'm grumpy in the morning, but is it that much of a relief to get away from me?Brandon, don't answer that.
Anyway, despite the little stinker's propensity for crushing my heart, he's been a ton of fun lately. The language development is a blast to watch - favorites are "Keen" for Lighting McQueen (of Cars fame), "Melmo" for Elmo, and "Boos Coos" for Blues Clues. I know what you must be thinking - "Wow! That is amazing! I'm so impressed! I mean, seriously, how DO they actually fit that much TV into one toddler's waking hours?" To which I can only respond, "Tivo."
Fortunately, despite his copious TV watching, Anthony has found time in recent weeks to visit with Grandma Dianne and Grandpa Harry, enjoy the nice Miami weather, get a cute new 'do and learn some words that didn't come from PBSKids or Nick Jr.
And I also took the bold step of buying a plastic potty (unfortunately, unlike litter boxes, there did not appear to be a self-cleaning model). Don't get me wrong, I don't have any illusions here (for the record, all six of my choices at Target bore pictures of little toddler girls happily approaching the potty, the message clearly being that if your child happens to be a boy, don't even bother, 'cause it ain't gonna happen until they're tall enough to just use the real toilet) but I also figured there's nothing wrong with letting Anthony see there is an alternative to Pampers.
So, we'll see how it goes - maybe we'll get lucky. Hey, I figure someday on a very special episode of Sesame Street Melmo will learn to go to the bathroom by himself, so I'll just wait for that to hit the Tivo and we should be all good.
Some pictures:
At the park...check out that cute new haircut:



Trying on Grandpa's hat:
More fun at the park with Grandma:
Grandma and Grandpa took Anthony to the library:
More fun at the park with Grandma:
6 comments:
LOVE the haircut! I'm sure Char will begrudgingly admit that it's cute, but then, you know Char and I disagree about what constitutes the perfect haircut. ;-)
And is AJ sporting Grandpa's hat whilst enjoying a fine, fine burger at Scotty's Landing?
That is Scotty's - good eye! Definitely one of the best places in Miami to go out to eat with a little one (by which I mean noisy and outdoors!).
Brandon thought I was going to be mad about how short the haircut is, but I think it looks cute, and at least we won't have to turn around and cut it again in three weeks!
Kelly, I don't know if our parents told you, but when I talked to them on the phone on Sunday they put Anthony on for a minute and he said, very clearly, "Hi Aunt Kerry!" I was very impressed!
Love, Kerry
:-)
I guess genius runs in the family, right Kerry? :)
Absolutely! ;-)
The haircut does look nice. So if it's a little short, hair seems to grow pretty fast. I love the pic of him peeking through the fence. They are all cute, but that is my favorite one. It's always so much fun to hear the new words coming from their mouths. He'll be talking a blue streak before you know it. Little cutie pie. Love you all. Shirley
Post a Comment