Sorry if this is a little long. It's been a while, and we've apparently been busy, if the last month-and-a-half worth of photos is any indication. Plus, we've got another birthday coming up (believe it or not, someone turns 4 next week!) so I need to cram a bunch of stuff together before that excitement and its associated photos hit us.
We ended April by celebrating Allison's first birthday.
 |
| The birthday princess. |
 |
| And with her daddy. |
When if came to opening presents, Ally was, like most 1-year-olds, puzzled but obliging.
 |
| Hey, this one has my name on it! |
 |
| Fortunately, Anthony was only too happy to "help" (by opening Ally's presents for her). |
 |
| So I sit here, and people give me toys? I can get into this. |
When present-opening ended and it was time for cake, Allison remained - surprise, surprise - puzzled but obliging.
 |
| So what's up next? (yes, I gave her fake lipstick for her birthday. This should surprise nobody.) |
 |
| Seriously. Let's get this party started. |
 |
| Of course, as is generally the case with the obligatory "1-year-old stuffing cake in face" photo, things got off to a slow start. |
 |
| But given enough time and urging, most of us end up dipping a toe in the water, or a finger in the frosting, and learn an important life lesson... |
 |
| ...that cake...is good! I'm sure that knowledge will serve her well in the years to come. |
Allison's birthday wasn't the only big fun as April closed. Anthony's school put on their annual circus production, with all the kids dressed in costumes and singing songs. It was very cute, though I'm not sure a stage career is in Anthony's future...
 |
| What are we doing here again? |
 |
| Hey! Look! I'm wearing a tail! |
 |
| Uh, guys? My ears are falling down... |
 |
| He may not have been the most focused puppy dog, but I dare say he was the cutest. |
Anthony also hit a friend's birthday party, this one with a make-your-own pizza theme. I thought it was a super cute idea. And proof that other parents are way more ambitious than me!
 |
| He seemed to enjoy making the pizza. |
 |
| Of course, Anthony being Anthony, his reaction to actually eating his pizza wasn't too positive. So I ate it. It was delicious. |
 |
| He was a little more impressed with the Spiderman cake...look how intently he's eyeing it. I guess it made an impression...his cake choices this year are dinosaur and Spiderman. |
 |
| After pizza and cake, the parents did a very smart thing by putting on one of the Cars movies. |
 |
| Chick Hicks is NOT faster than Lightning McQueen, you take that back! |
That takes us up to more recent weeks. With May coming to an end and June beginning, we've been focused on the end of the school year. Anthony's last week in PreK-3 was "Wacky Week," with pajama/crazy hair day, crazy socks day and Prince or Princess Day, in which the kids dress in their fanciest clothes.
 |
| Crazy hair/pajama day. We called it his dinosaur hair. |
 |
| Crazy socks day. Our socks tend toward the tame, so I did the best I could with fabric paint. |
 |
| Prince or Princess Day. Wasn't really sure what to do for this one, as fancy clothes aren't really our thing. I have a feeling I'll have more fun with it when it's Ally's turn... Anyway, his expression says otherwise, but he was actually really excited about wearing the tie. For the record, this is a tie that Brandon took from my dad, so it has now served three generations in a sense! |
And of course, the end of the school year also means the start of a new one, so Anthony had his "promotion ceremony" from the PreK-3 room to the PreK-4 room. Usually the mere suggestion of
Pomp and Circumstance gets the tears flowing for me, so I was sure I didn't stand a chance at this one, but actually I made it through without tissues. Maybe because my cynical side that thinks it's funny to graduate from the 3-year-old room to the 4-year-old room overruled my emotional side that realizes this means my little guy is growing up!
 |
| The graduate with his wonderful teachers, Miss Annette and Miss Melissa. |
 |
| Proud of my boy! |
1 comment:
No it's MY Miss Annette!
And that is a beautiful picture of you and Anthony.
Post a Comment