There are many pitfalls to having one's child in daycare. Frequent illnesses? Check. Hectic mornings? Check. Missing the little fella and feeling guilty when you don't (sorry if I don't feel a hole in my life everytime I realize someone else is changing his diaper...)? Check and check.
Then, of course, there's the ever-present chance that you're going to miss a milestone in your child's development.
As of Tuesday, check.
I know pulling to standing isn't the biggest deal, but it's one I really looked forward to, as I've always found it hard to believe that Anthony -- who has been fully horizontal for eight months, not even showing that much interest in sitting -- would one day go vertical. On Tuesday, his teachers told me that after both naps (taking two naps at daycare is in itself a major milestone for Anthony, but I digress) the little guy pulled himself up in his Pack-n-Play and stood there, enjoying the view and probably scheming as to which toy he'd play with next.
While I was sad to miss Anthony's First Stand, he did kindly demonstrate for me a day later, first in his crib (he even grabbed a book that was sitting on his adjacent changing table that he's never once been changed on) and then downstairs (for the camera) on the laundry basket.
Here he goes:
Incidentally, this is the most time a male member of the Josephsen household has spent with the laundry in MONTHS. (Just kidding.) ((Actually, not really, but Brandon does cook 99 percent of the food that is consumed in our household, so I really can't complain.)) (((Too much.)))
5 comments:
We have Anthony-proofed the house, and are eagerly anticipating your visit on Saturday! I will be sure to get a big basket of laundry ready for Anthony, now that I know how much he enjoys "helping!" He is learning so much so fast that I think he will continue to amaze us. Javier, watch out!!
Anthony, you will need to ask Cousin Bradley to demonstrate how he adapted to the next step with the laundry basket - that is pushing it along on the floor as a walking aid! I bet you can master this one very quickly. And guess you are really skipping the all-fours crawling stage??? Right?
Grandpa Schaffer
Kids' favorite toys always end up being the strangest things: baskets of laundry, empty cardboard boxes, etc. I'm glad Anthony knows how to enjoy the simple things in life!
Love, Aunt Kerry
:-)
1. Our house is decidedly NOT baby-proofed enough for this little guy. Must work on that tomorrow.
2. I'm sure Bradley will gladly demonstrate how to push the laundry basket. He probably won't let Anthony try, but he'll show him how it's done.
3. Brandon looks like he couldn't care less that Anthony is pulling himself up. Men.
Oh,oh, you're in trouble now! Everything is accessible now. Everything! LOL. Seriously, it is a big deal and congratulations. I know it is hard to have kids do these things first at daycare. Have had it happen here many, many times. If I have a particularly sensitive Mom I just don't mention it sometimes. But when they lose their first tooth, you can't put that back in. Anyway, I could see by that video it wouldn't be too much longer til he got the idea. That is exciting. Brandon, you are good to be chef at home. Helps a lot cause little ones always need their attention at meal fixing time. If you are like my boys (and my husband) you can whip up a mean meal. Have a good time on your journey and visit up north. Love you all. Shirley
Post a Comment